Equipment Failure Procedure
HA-26 Hydrogen Addition System 10/22/62
A. Hydrogen Pressure On the Bottle In Use Falls Such That SL Surge Tank Pressure cannot
Be Maintained. (Pressure indicator PI-HA2 or PI-HA4)
- 1. Close the manifold shut off and bottle shut off valves.
- 2. Disconnect empty bottle and replace it with a full bottle.
- 3. Should the last available hydrogen bottle become depleted shutdown the reactor when
SL surge tank pressure drops below the low pressure alarm.
B. Hydrogen Pressure Controller Becomes Inoperative
- 1. Close the pressure regulators isolation valves and the bottle shut off valve and
tag the valves.
- 2. Switch to the standby bottle and pressure regulator.
- 3. Make the necessary repair to the regulator.
C. If Excessive Flow Shut Off Valve Fails In Closed Position
- 1. Operate the bypass valve HA-22V manually while supplying hydrogen to the buffer seal
system surge tank.
- 2. Subsequently, isolate the excessive flow shut off valve and perform the necessary
My text copyright 2020 Tommy Johnson, all rights reserved. I believe the Savannah documentation is property of
MARAD or the US government.