Equipment Failure Procedure
PD-31 Equipment Drain & Waste Collection System 10/22/62
A. Waste Transfer Pump Becomes Inoperative
- 1. The reactor plant may continue to be operated in a normal manner if the waste water
inventory does not become excessive and if normal makeup remains available.
- 2. Tag out the pump controls.
- 3. Monitor the levels in the lab waste tank, waste storage tanks, innerbottom tanks,
containment drain tank, effluent condensing tank, and containment vessel very closely.
- 4. IF the water inventory becomes excessive or if the rate of leakage or collection
starts to increase, shut the reactor down and repair the pump.
- 5. If normal makeup fails, shut the reactor down to effect repairs. An emergency source
of makeup must be set up to effect cooldown.
My text copyright 2020 Tommy Johnson, all rights reserved. I believe the Savannah documentation is property of
MARAD or the US government.