Equipment Failure Procedure
WL-39 Gaseous Waste System 10/22/62
A. Stack Blower Or Its Related Electrical Equipment Inoperative.
B. Stack Prefilters Or Absolute Filters Out OF Service. (i.e., High delta-P)
- 1. Refer to action taken under stack blower failure.
C. WL-1V Failed Open
- 1. Determine if pressurizer pressure can be maintained. IF this is not possible reduce
letdown flow below 25 gpm. Reactor plant is to be shut down if primary system pressure
continues to decrease.
- 2. If plant shutdown is necessary, or if for any reason letdown flow is restricted, samples
must not be taken from the sample tap downstream of the letdown coolers. These
sample system valves controls should be closed and tagged.
- 3. Restore operation to normal if difficulty is external of restricted areas. Do
maintenance on first reactor outage.
D. WL-1V Will Not Open
NOTE: This becomes important when fission gases are present in pressurizer with vent valve
WL-1V inoperable for periodic venting due to valve or associated equipment failure.
- 1. Tag the pushbuttons off on the console and continue operation until such time as venting
- 2. If Fission Gas venting is necessary, do not discharge the gas to the effluent
condensing tank. Reactor plant must be shut down.
- 3. Should manual pushbutton indicate valve open for venting with no flow indicated,
increase letdown flow to more than 25 gpm. Then readjust valve flow setting in control
room valve loader.
E. Inability of Secondary Shield Damper to Vent The Lower Void Space
(i.e., damper jammed in the closed position.)
- 1. Refer to action taken under abnormal condition A above.
My text copyright 2020 Tommy Johnson, all rights reserved. I believe the Savannah documentation is property of
MARAD or the US government.