Plant Operating Standard
CA-SSA-85 Control Air System (CA) and Ship's Service Air (SSA)
1. One control air compressor on "Hand" with its loader set to maintain receiver pressure at 90 to 100 psig.
2. Second control air compressor on "Auto" set to start at 80 and off at 100 psig to act as automatic backup.
3. Intermediate cooling water on at all times and discharge water temperature at least 10 degrees higher than engine room ambient air pressure.
4. Emergency tie valve (NI-5V) to SSA closed and tagged with a Caution tag: "FOR EMERGENCY USE ONLY".
5. One Ship Service Air compressor operating on Hand, the other on Auto. Hand loader on at 230, off at 250 psig. Auto start at 235, and off at 250.
6. one CA filter in operation, and the other ready to be placed in service.
7. Both after coolers in operation.
Minimum Condition for Reactor Operation
1. One Instrument Air compressor in operation (Hand).
2. One after cooler in operation.
3. One filter in operation.
4. Compressor discharge air pressure greater than 80 psig.
5. Diesel start tanks charged or ADG's running.
[ADG is Auxiliary Diesel Generator.]
My text copyright 2020 Tommy Johnson, all rights reserved. I believe the Savannah documentation is property of MARAD or the US government.